Welcome to my table

I am new at this-if you come to visit please kick back, take your shoes off, grab yourself a cookie and something to drink, and enjoy. Please scroll down to start at the beginning. Let me know that you were here by leaving a comment.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Secret Santa Gift is Shipped


My Secret Santa gift is being shipped out today!! I cannot wait to see when he/she gets it! It was a lot of fun-trying to shop for things for a person that you don't even know. It made you really think about that persons' likes and dislikes. It has been a great experience for me. While I was wrapping those gifts, it really made me start to get into the Christmas Spirit. I do not mean to offend anyone by my use of the word "Christmas" - that is just what it will always be to me. If you chose another word, that is okay by me, I won't be offended, either. Lets all just let the holiday be what it is to you. I have a "Christmas" tree, too. I also put out a small Nativity scene most of the time. That is just what it is to me.

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving! I give thanks for my family first, our freedom and our country, our brave soldiers fighting to keep us free and safe. I am also thankful that I have a job- there are so many who don't. I am thankful that I have a roof over my head and plenty of food. I am thankful for all my friends, and all the love that is shown to me by my family and friends.

I wish everyone a safe holiday weekend.

My Menu for Thanksgiving

Turkey

Dressing

Turkey Giblet Gravy

Hash Brown Casserole

Garlic and Onion Green Beans

Deviled Eggs

Whipped Sweet Potatoes

Fruit Salad

Yeast Rolls

Cranberry Sauce

Pumpkin Pie

Lemon Pie

Thats all folks............

No comments: